Saturday, February 26, 2011

Gestures

Far and away the hardest skill for me (and probably just about anyone) would be gesture drawing. It requires a great deal of dexterity, anatomy knowledge, and speed. All throughout my years in schooling I've had trouble with it, and still do, but I'm going to post some drawings anyway. The method taught at Watts Atelier is significantly different from that at CSULB, so it's a bit of an adjustment for me but with more practice and studying I'm sure I will get better. Some of these are already looking halfway decent, but I know I have a long road ahead.


(That figure by herself was drawn by one of my instructors, Erik Gist. Gives you an idea of the height I'm reaching for.)

(Most of these were 2 minutes.)

Just kidding, not all of these are gestures. This was done Friday night, while I was battling food poisoning? At least, something was not sitting well at all, so I never got to really sit down with it as much as I'd have liked. Still, I told myself I post whatever I drew that night.

Practice, practice, practice.

No comments: